AVIDENT HEALTH, LLC
Last modified: 01-10, 2019
Avident Health, LLC (“Avident Health” or ”We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.avidenthealth.com (our “Website”) or when you visit a website portal (“Portal”) we may make available to authorized licensees of Avident Health software, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- From you in connection with registering, activating, monitoring, updating and supporting software you license from Avident Health (“Avident Health Software”) in accordance with an End User License Agreement between Avident Health and you (a “EULA”), including through any Portal.
Except as otherwise noted above, it does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Avident Health or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address and title (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your default language, city and country in which you are located, your browser type, operating system, internet service provider, mobile screen resolution and click-through analytics; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
How We Collect Information about You
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website or Portal(s) may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Portal(s). This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website, a Portal or any Avident Health Software.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information that you provide in connection with registering, activating, monitoring, updating and supporting Avident Health Software.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website or any Portal or Avident Health Software, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to or use of our Website, Portal or Avident Health Software, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use in connection with the Website, Portal to Avident Health Software.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Online Tracking. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). At the current time, neither our Website nor our Portal(s) recognize or respond to a browser’s “do not track” or “DNT” signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website, Portal(s) and/or Avident Health Software and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, in some cases allowing us to customize our Website, Portal(s) and/or Avident Health Software according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to or use our Website, Portal(s) and/or Avident Health Software.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website or Portal(s) may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website or Portal(s). Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website, Portals and/or emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Avident Health, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and Portal(s) and their content to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any EULA or other contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To enable an Authorized Source (as that term is defined in an applicable EULA between you and an Authorized Source) to carry out the Authorized Source’s obligations and enforce the Authorized Source’s rights arising from any EULA or other contracts entered into between you and such Authorized Source, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or Portal(s) or any products or services we offer or provide.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Authorized Sources and other contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Avident Health’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Avident Health about our Website, Portal(s) and/or Avident Health Software users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Avident Health, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, neither the transmission of information via the internet, nor the storage of data, is completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or any Portal. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or any Portal.